Psychiatric Recovery Programs
Montgomery County and Prince George’s County, Maryland
What is Psychiatric Recovery?
“Recovery is a process, a way of life, an attitude and a way of approaching the day’s challenges.It is not a perfect linear process. At times our course is erratic and we falter, slide back, regroup, and start again” Patricia Deegan 1988
Our psychiatric recovery services provide a multi-faceted range of services for individuals with chronic mental illness with or without the complicating problem of alcohol/substance abuse. Our emphasis is on developmmunication and daily living skills that support each persons’ unique ability to live in the community, to recognize symptoms of potential relapse and to use pre-planned strategies to prevent it and enhance personal independence.
Based on need, clients may attend on a part time or full time basis.
Residential employment services are provided by our sister company the Rock Creek Foundation at 301-586-0900.
What recovery means for our consumers:
- Choosing their treatment
- Deciding their own goals
- Focusing on their relationships
- Respecting their decisions
- Recognizing that difficult feelings and behaviors are normal responses to trauma and stress and not merely symptoms or diagnoses
- Developing a sense of hope
- Assisting in discovering and using their natural community supports
- Services emphasizing self-responsibility, empowerment, self determination and self-advocacy
- Help in recovery from their mental illness at their own pace
- Help with developing strategies that work
- Help in achieving their plans for the future
How we work with you:
- Preparing for school and employment
- Opportunities for community and cultural awareness
- Opportunities for creative expression
- Consumer run Wellness and Recovery Center (Silver Spring only)
- Relationship enhancement
- Emotional enhancement and regulation
- Social skills development
- Recognizing signs of potential relapse to prevent it
- Adults with severe and persistent mental illness
- Adults with developmental disabilities and mental illness
- Adults with emotional and/or behavioral challenges
Maryland Federal Medical Assistance, Maryland PAC, and Self Pay. If you need assistance with payment options, please contact us.
Prince Georges and Montgomery Counties, MD. Please contact us if you would like to consider receiving services at these locations.
Prince Georges County: 301-429-2171
Montgomery County: 301-589-2303
Our hours of operation are 8:30 – 3:30 Monday through Friday.
We take pride in providing individualized services. This includes flexibility in scheduling and attendance; contact us to speak about your scheduling needs.
Complete your referral online here >> or call 1-866-429-5208
Santé’s recovery services staff belong to multi-disciplinary teams of licensed clinicians, nurses, psychiatrists and psychiatric rehabilitation specialists – each of whom is dedicated to assisting our clients to achieve their own vision of recovery.